2016 books about Lincoln
- Williams, Frank and Burkhimer, Michael. The Lincoln Assassination Riddle: Revisiting the Crime of the Nineteenth Century. Kent State University, May 2016.
- Blumenthal, Sidney. A Self-Made Man: The Political Life of Abraham Lincoln, Vol. I 1809-1849. Simon & Schuster, May 2016.
- Snee, Brian J. Lincoln before Lincoln: Early Cinematic Adaptations of the Life of America's Greatest President. University Press of Kentucky, May 2016.
- Strozier, Charles B. Your Friend Forever, A. Lincoln: The Enduring Friendship of Abraham Lincoln and Joshua Speed. Columbia University Press, May 2016.
- Manning, Alan. Father Lincoln: The Untold Story of Abraham Lincoln and His Boys. Lyons Press, May 2016.
- Steers, Edward, Jr., author; McAuliffe, Kieran, designer. Lincoln Slept Here: Lincoln Family Sites in America/The Early Ancestors 1637-1808. CreateSpace, April 2016.
- Guelzo, Allen C. Redeeming the Great Emancipator. Harvard University Press, February 2016.
- Wilson, Douglas A. and Davis, Rodney O. Herndon on Lincoln: Letters. Urbana: University of Illinois Press, January 2016.
"Long Abraham Lincoln a Little Longer" by Frank Bellew. Harper's Weekly, Nov 26, 1864, p. 768